New York Public Library
New York Public LibraryPublic Domain ArchivePart of PICRYL.com. Not developed or endorsed by NYPL.
  • homeHome
  • searchSearch
  • photo_albumStories
  • collectionsCollections
  • infoAbout
  • star_rateUpgrade
Ruins on the west side of Athlît.  The fortress was built by the Templars in the year 1218 and was the last place held by the crusaders in Palestine.  It was taken by the Sultan Melek el Ashrâf el Khalîl after his conquest of Acre in 1291.

Ruins on the west side of Athlît. The fortress was built by the Templars in the year 1218 and was the last place held by the crusaders in Palestine. It was taken by the Sultan Melek el Ashrâf el Khalîl after his conquest of Acre in 1291.

  • save_altThumbnail200x200
  • save_altSmall536x640
  • save_altMedium858x1024
  • save_altLarge1340x1600
  • save_altOriginal2144x2560
date_range

Date

1881 - 1883
person

Contributors

Wilson, Charles William, Sir (1836-1905), Author
Fenn, Harry (1838-1911), Artist
place

Location

New York
create

Source

New York Public Library
copyright

Copyright info

Exploreconquest

Explorecrusaders

Exploretemplars